The Education Department offers a variety of services to fulfill residents’ needs.

Those residents who have not earned a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (HiSET®) may work towards a HiSET® via computer, study guides, or tutoring.

Free Adult Literacy Education (ABLE) classes are available at the Great Falls College MSU to prepare for HiSET® testing. Testing of Adult Education (TABE) is also available at the Great Falls College MSU.

Educational counseling is provided for college and vocational programs. Information can be obtained via the Internet on educational programs. Residents can pick up the latest financial aid materials and get help filling out applications. Residents learn how to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on line. Appointments with admissions counselors at local colleges and with Vocational Rehabilitation programs can be arranged.

Also available are the following: computer programs for developing typing skills or creating a resume, skill-building in English and math through computer programs or tutoring, help in writing resumes, cover letters, business letters, parole plans, filling out various forms, and learning how to file current and back taxes.

Residents may use reference books as well as pick up reading material - donated books and magazines - in the Education Room located in the Men’s West Campus or the Meditation Room in the Women’s Center.

Scroll to Top